The last two weeks have been rough for me with pain. The weather is causing my arthritis to grumble (or scream). Yet I don't have time to wallow (well maybe a little).
May 2 I started a new novel. I couldn't get the words on the page fast enough. By May 11, I'd finished the novel. I love it when the inspiration hits hard and fast like this. At the same time, I went back to add in a few more scenes for Wayfarer 11. It's on my need to be edited list.
I have a wedding shower to go to next Saturday and am working on the gift for that. I have it about a third of the way done. I'll be spending some time this weekend watching movies and crocheting. In addition to the shower gift, I finished off a gift for a friend. I made her a bunch of dish towels, hand towels, and dish cloths. Those went in the mail to her this week.
The day is gray and grumpy looking this morning but I have been at my computer since before 8 am working on different tasks. I've paid bills, updated my spreadsheets, did a tiny bit of marketing, submitted three articles to paying publications. I posted an preview for one of my books on Goodreads. I need to figure out which scenes from each of my books and post them.
As is normal, my list is never ending for tasks I need to get done. Shortly, I'll be going to run errands. Fortunately I only have a couple today. I also need to clip coupons, check the apps for rebates, and write up the grocery list. All so Ken will be able to do the grocery shopping tomorrow.
Last night I watched Age of Adeline which was quite good. I also watched The Gambler which was depressing and annoying. I got several inches done on the shower gift. I'm hoping to finish this project this weekend. I have several others I want to get done in a short period of time. This means I'm letting my writing rest for a few days.
Having said that, I've gone back and added a prologue (possibly a new first chapter) to one story I've been working on. I thought I had lost about 5000 words in the third Defenders novel. I was cleaning my flashdrive and looked at a file I hadn't looked at before. It had the several scenes I thought I'd lost. I was quite excited about this. It saves me a lot of work in redoing. Having found those scenes, I was able to write about another 1500 words in the story.
I'm hoping to finish both of these projects this summer. With luck, I'll have four books to publish over the next six months. I also have several crochet patterns I'm going to work on publishing as well. There is definitely no shortage of things for me to do.
It was a good weekend. Friday I left work to go to the doctor with Vicki. We were forceful about her needing a different antibiotic. She ...
The way my brain works often surprises me. With my daughter moving, I took a friend to her (who doesn't drive) and waited while this fr...
This week a friend came over to spend the morning helping me get my living room cleaned and organized. Things got shifted, cleaned and rear...
We've been so busy. A few projects have gotten done around the house. Ken and Vicki painted the garage door and our front door. They ...